Ears Feeling Blocked?
Are you tired of dealing with the discomfort and inconvenience of clogged ears? Our professional ear wax removal services are here to help! Our team of experts uses the latest techniques and technologies to safely and effectively remove ear wax buildup, leaving you with clear hearing and a newfound sense of comfort. Don't let ear wax hold you back - schedule your appointment today and experience the difference for yourself!
Microsuction Earwax Removal in Oxford
Earwax buildup can be a common problem for many people, and it can often lead to discomfort, pain, and even hearing loss. While there are several methods for removing excess earwax, the most effective and popular methods is microsuction.
What is Microsuction?
Microsuction is a gentle and minimally invasive technique for removing excess earwax from the ear canal. It involves using a small suction device, along with a microscope or camera, to gently and safely remove the earwax.
During the procedure, we will first examine the ear canal using a small camera or microscope. This allows us to assess the amount and type of earwax present, as well as any other ear-related issues or symptoms.
If microsuction is deemed appropriate, we will then insert a small suction device into the ear canal. We will use the suction device to gently remove the earwax while monitoring the procedure using the microscope or camera. The suction device is moved around the ear canal to ensure that all excess earwax is removed.
Benefits of Microsuction
There are many benefits to using the microsuction technique for earwax removal. These include:
- Minimally invasive: Unlike other earwax removal methods, such as ear syringing or irrigation, microsuction is a minimally invasive technique that does not require any water or other substances to be inserted into the ear canal.
- Safe: Microsuction is a safe and gentle technique that is performed by trained healthcare professionals, reducing the risk of complications or injury.
- Effective: Microsuction is a highly effective method for removing excess earwax, and it can often provide immediate relief of symptoms, such as hearing loss, discomfort, or pain.
- Quick: The microsuction procedure typically takes only a few minutes to complete, and patients can resume their daily activities immediately after the procedure.
- Clearer hearing: By removing excess earwax, microsuction can help to improve hearing and reduce the risk of complications, such as ear infections or inflammation.
Can a GP Remove My Ear Wax Free on the NHS?
In September 2020, ear wax removal was removed from the "core services" that a GP must provide free of charge. This means that you will probably not be able to get wax removal free of charge, even if you did prior to 2020.
How do I Know if I Have Ear Wax Build-up?
Difficulty hearing, a feeling of fullness in the ear, tinnitus, or discomfort in the ear are the usual symptoms.
Should I Clean Out My Ear Wax?
No. Normally ear wax will work its way out naturally by itself. Never insert anything (this includes cotton buds!) into the ear canal. But if you have a wax blockage, have it treated by a professional.
Is Earwax Removal Cheap?
Our price is £60 for one ear, or £80 for both.